Wednesday, November 2

Knitting: beccs cardigan

After a few disappointments considering sweater and cardigan knits, I decided to take a different road regarding my fall knitting. First of all, it needed to be something that I would really wear and that would fit me. Since I'm not that good patient in gauge swatching - I do check my gauge, I just give up really easy when I do not obtain it and then I don't really make an effort anymore and just start knitting, hoping that it'll probably work itself out, ahem - so, since I'm not fanatically wild about this necessary evil part of knitting fitting garments, I wanted something that would fall loose, required no picking up stitches for a buttonband and it had to be a bit of a quick project too.
SoI started browsing my 600+ favourites on Ravelry, another 600 favourites of many inspiring Ravelers's favourite cardigans and I was becoming a little too fixated on knitting Pinterest boards. In the end I went with my first choice :-): the beccs Cardigan by Isabell Kraemer.

 It's such a genius pattern and so easy! The aran weight yarn I used (Drops Nepal in a gray mix color) was so soft and it feels really comfy. It's a joy to knit with I think.

I'm really happy with it. Along with my Owls sweater I knit in 2013, this is actually something that I will wear in the colder months.

9 comments:

  1. you are beautiful and your sweater is absolutely gorgeous!! nice seeing your sweater and the pretty scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! The weather was so nice that day! A perfect day to wear the cardigan!

      Delete
  2. Wow this cardigan looks gorgeous on you. Perfect match between pattern and yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ziet er heerlijk comfy uit! Leuk dat er nog breiers vriendschapspoppetjes als steekmarkeerders gebruiken ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat een prachtige gilet is dat geworden! Die kabel aan de rand is zo'n mooi detail. Drops Nepal is inderdaad heel fijn om mee te breien en om te dragen (ik maakte er vorig jaar een muts en wanten mee).

      Delete
  5. oh this turned out so lovely. I love the details and the edging in front. I may have to get this pattern too. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I would love to see your version if you decide to knit it!

      Delete

I appreciate your comment!