Saturday, March 19

Hardangervidda Socks


Almost two years ago, we went for a hike on the Hardangervidda plateau in Norway during our roadtrip through South Norway. I remember we just drove by and saw this magnificent piece of nature and decided to stop the car, get out and walk. I also remember it being very cold! When knitting these socks in a tweed yarn, the speckles in different colors reminded me of all the colors I saw there. However at first glace it was quite greyish there, the colors of the rocks, grasses and weird mosses during that time of the year gave the surroundings some color. When climbing a bit higher, we drank our soup in the snow.

Ravelry notes about these socks can be found here.

12 comments:

  1. These socks are so beautiful! I love the yarn and the little details. And how lovely that they remind you of somewhere you've been. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty pretty pretty socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks. And thanks so much for mentioning that place in Norway. I just googled it and it looks close enough for us to go hiking there next summer, we will stay for a week in Bergen and it looks just soo beautifu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you go hike there, be sure to get some anti-mosquito spray with you! With every footstep we planted down on the mossy grass, a whole lot of mosquito's came free and they stung really badly. I regretted not taking such a net with me that you can put over your hat. Have fun!

      Delete
    2. I'll remember that, definitely mosquito spray and if possible a net!

      Delete
  4. I can't tell you how very much I love your socks -- perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful socks! I also visited Hardangervidda once (already quite some years ago) and remember how magical I found the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was surely magical there!

      Delete
  6. I love your blog and the beautiful pics that you post.
    My thoughts are with you at this time of troubles in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and your concern, Nicky. Everyone in my family is safe luckily.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment!