Wednesday, February 17

Sewing: baby sheets

Yesterday, my mum and I have been sewing baby sheets for the baby's bed and the stroller. I had a hard time choosing the fabrics. I wanted them to be unisex, because we wish to have two children and I want to use the sheets again for the second baby.
I'm not so sure about the yellow/ochre triangles anymore, it will be combined with a plain white sheet and the triangle fabric will be a border on top. I think it might be a bit 'hard' on the baby's face. I'd also love to knit a baby blanket, but I've been procastrinating that for months. I really need to start working on the birth announcements and the room plus I've got some good selfish sock knitting and another baby cardigan on the needles. This morning I also started handstitching felted ornaments for the handmade mobile I'm working on... . Hmm, the dilemma of casting on yet another knitting project,... :-)

Linking up with Nicole (who gave birth to such a cute baby!)

10 comments:

  1. Heel mooi, en zo slim om unisex stofjes te kiezen zodat je ze nog kan blijven gebruiken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely baby bed sheets. What an exciting time for you making gorgeous things for your first new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely set of sheets! It's amazing how much stuff you've already crafted for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sheets are lovely - the fabrics are ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sheets are lovely - the fabrics are ace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the sheets are lovely and if the triangles are hard, I'm sure there will be another use for the sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your sheets are so pretty for a boy or a girl :) I'm getting excited that you will be having a baby soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sheets are wonderful! I love the idea of handmade bedding - especially for a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are just gorgeous, love your choice of fabrics! I really like the yellow triangles one as well. Your nursery will be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely baby bed sheets. What an exciting time for you making gorgeous things for your first new baby. .. . .
    goldenslot
    บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!