Monday, February 8

Knitting: Recovery Shawl

Last week, two days before one of my best friend's birthday party, I got this marvelous idea to knit her a shawl. She's getting some serious functional jaw surgery soon and it's all rather creepy. But she needs the surgery and had been preparing her teeth for over two years already, suffering a lot of pain and stress. So I wanted to give her something for her birthday that she could use during her recovery period. This shawl is perfect to wear around her neck and hid the swollen parts, it's cosy too :-)


At the yarn shop I saw some King Cole's 100% Baby Alpaca DK in lovely colors. I called her to ask which one she'd prefer and she went with old rose. An excellent choice for this pattern! The color is called Ginger and is hard to capture on camera. I've tried to use daylight and all photo's are taken with the same white balance but I couldn't avoid the color difference in some photos.

I knit it in 6 days and blocked it in 3 days. Fasted knit ever! It helps that it's the second time that I knit this Canopy Shawl. I loved it even more!

Pattern: Canopy (Melody Hoffmann)
Yarn: King Cole DK Baby Alpaca (3.5 skeins)
Colorway: Ginger
Ravelry



4 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtful gift, hoping the surgery goes well! This looks like a wonderful recovery shawl, she picked such a beautiful colour and it looks absolutely soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a wonder woman!!! I hope all is well, keep us up to date about her recovery and I know she will feel love wearing that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably loved this knit even more because it was knit with love and good intentions. Absolutely beautiful. Sending speedy recovery wishes to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift, you are a wonderful friend! I hope everything goes well with the surgery and your friend will find lots of comfort in her cozy shawl during her recovery!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!