Tuesday, November 24

Knitting: Blóm



We've moved into the house, it was so busy and in contrary to what you'd expect in stressfull periods, I didn't knit. This week, being a bit more settled and all, I finished my Blóm shawl.
I casted on this wonderful pattern somewhere in late August. I choose this shawl because a) it's gorgeous b) I just finished another pattern by Melody and felt empty when I finished that one and c) I was hooked on knitting shawls in a sudden (something that I would have never guessed, because the first time on Ravelry, two and a half years ago, I didn't understand the fuss about knitting and wearing shawls...now I do :-) )


It's very lightweight, which makes the draping so soft and cosy and I'm really happy with the colorway I've chosen.

I'm really happy with it, it's more of a Spring shawl though, but I'm sure I'll be wearing it often, like I I am wearing my Canopy shawl almost every day.

Pattern: Blóm by Melody Hoffman (Mandarine's)
Yarn: Drops Baby Alpaca Silk in the colorway 'Graulila'
Ravelry details here.

Linking up with Nicole.

13 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and suits you so very well!
    I didn't understand the shawl addiction of some fellow knitters either - until I knit my first ;-)
    I've been wearing it every single day since and castes on the next one straight away!
    I hope you will get some more rest and knitting time now. Good luck in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a shawl can really pimp your outfit!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and gentle! Lovely color! It looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely! So delicate and dainty. I love shawls!! So many ways to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I have missed you!
    Your shawl is stunning and perfection in that delicate color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andi! I've missed you too! Thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!! I have missed you and glad you are back, welcome back and welcome to your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the home is starting to feel more like home everyday. Missed you too, glad to be back!

      Delete
  6. So lovely. The yarn looks so soft too. I know what you mean about shawls. I use to think why are people continually knitting themselves shawls and after one shawl I knitted another and now another and more for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that shawl addiction is definitely something you only understand when you've knitted one. I used to think it was only to be worn in chilly weather and outside. But now, I even wear them inside :-)

      Delete
  7. A lovely shawl! I also didn't get all the shawl knitting fuss until last year I think, and now I'm totally hooked.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!