Friday, September 4

(a belated) Yarn Along



Knitting: I started knitting Blóm. A shawl pattern by Melody from Mandarine's. I'm using Drops Baby Alpaca Silk in a grey-purple colorway (Graulila).

Reading: I finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Recenly I ordered a bunch of classic books online. On advice of a few of my blog readers I started reading this book. I'm glad I ordered it in English in stead of Dutch, because the spoken dialect makes the story much more convincing and trustworthy. The story itself has great value and a moral message that is applicable to many issues in the world today, not only the black and white issue.

Linking up with Ginny.

7 comments:

  1. I'll put To Kill A Mockingbird on my reading list for sure, sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty pattern you picked out! We just watched that movie over the weekend and it was good. I've read the book three times?, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read To Kill A Mockingbird until a few summers ago. My friend, the English teacher, would recommend books for my summer classic reading... good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read this book- sad to say I have never read this classic. Enjoy your knitting and reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene. Gorgeous knitting and one of my very favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to reak To Kill A Mockingbird forever - maybe once the house madness subsides in January I'll find the time! Looking forward to seeing your Blom shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to read this book... maybe one day.. Everyone is knitting Blom, feeling a bit left out!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!