Wednesday, August 12

Yarn Along

Now, if this doesn't count as a Yarn Along, I don't know anymore ;-)
I just got home from working at our house (painting, washing windows, planning the flooring,...) and I found this great package on the doorstep! Besides yarn mail, book mail is very loved here too!

Knitting: The Potter's Socks (pattern 'Cream' by Cabinfour). She has such great patterns, so for the last month of the sock challenge I definitely wanted to knit a pair of her sock patterns. It was hard to choose. I ordered Quince&Co Chickadee in the color 'Clay' and first I wanted to knit the contrasting color in natural (Cascade 220) that I had leftovers from. But then I saw Liesl's lovely Cherry Bark in my stash, that I used for the Clara May hat and thought it matched the main color much better.
I'm also knitting on my Canopy (pattern by Melody from Mandarine's). The border is almost finished! It's a very enjoyable knit and I can't wait for Fall so I can finally wear it.

Reading: Well, it's kind of hard to choose, since I ordered so many books at once, ahem... . I can eliminate one option and that is Black Hole by Charles Burns. I already read it a few months ago. It was really good, that I had to have it in my graphic novel collection. Which one do you guys think I should read first?

Linking up with Liesl, Ginny and Nicole.


11 comments:

  1. Wow! You've really inspired me to pick up my knitting needles with the lovely patterns and yarns you have shared. I've added you to my Ravelry friends. You are creating some lovely things. Greetings from southern California :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment! Heading to Ravelry now to add you :-) Happy knitting!

      Delete
  2. I might start with To Kill a Mockingbird since I only read it once during my freshman year of high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Maybe I will, I'm doubting between To Kill a Mockingbird and Will Eisner's Trilogy.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful socks - love the colourwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were looking at those books on my table, I'd start with To Kill A Mockingbird. I can't believe I've never read it, and something tells me I need to do that before reading Harper Lee's newest release, Go Set A Watchman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the prettiest yarn along photo by far! love the array of books and the knits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many goodness in one picture! I adore your current wips, both socks and shawl are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow good book haul! I love that edition of Little Women, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this image makes my heart swell!
    Those pink socks are absolutely fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!