Tuesday, August 18

Canopy

And suddenly...on a Summer evening, rain pouring from the skies and temperatures around twelve degrees celsius, I finished my Canopy Shawl.


I have never been so in love with a knitting pattern before: it's genius I think. Well, I don't know much about designing knitwear but after two years of self taught knitting, I've learned a lot of things, but actually designing this is a whole different story.
It's the perfect mix of complicated things at first but then 'aha moments' and lovely 'I wish this never ended momentes' too.
Thank you Melody for creating such a fine pattern. I'll be wearing this shawl a lot.

Pattern: Canopy by Melody from Mandarine's
Yarn: Drops Alpaca (2.5 skeins) in colorway Dark Grey Green (7139)
Modifications: I added an extra lace and stockinette part because the yarn asked for a smaller needle

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect knitting experience! I adore how this shawl is looking, the colour you chose fits the pattern so well. And bonus about the weather we're having at the moment, you can start wearing the shawl right away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I live the colour too. I also ordered drops baby Alpaca silk in a purple color and wanted to go woth that first, but I'm glad I took the greener yarn. Today was warmer and totally not knitwear weather. Nevertheless, I wore it to go grocery shopping today 😀

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness! I love love love it! It looks so beautiful and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's actually my first shawl that I knit and can wear 😊 In the beginning when I was learning to knit, I didn't understand that so many people knitted shawls and favourited them on Ravelry! I had never seen such a triangle knitted shawl worn as an accessory. Now I understand how convenient and pretty they are.

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's amazing!! Looks so lightweight and delicate and yet super warming at the same time and the color is gorgeous :) Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!