Thursday, June 18

Sock Challenge 10/12 - June

I was surprised by Andi from My sister's knitter with a gifted sock pattern: Bickersstraat. I love this pattern because it has the right amount of variation and mindless knitting together. So it never bored me, it knitted quite fast.
The afterthought heel was a d├ębut for me. The only hard thing was, on the first sock, guessing when it was time to start decreasing for the toe. 
I'm really pleased with them, I knitted the cuff long enough and I think I will be wearing these as soon as it gets chilly again. I'd like to thank Andi for her generosity (and just for being such a great knitting friend anyway ;-) ) and I'd also like to thank Liesl for her gorgeous yarn that made its way from New Jersey to Belgium very fast! It was lovely to knit with and the color is great (I'm seeing a trend in my sock knitting with ochre/yellow yarns). Also thank you for launching such a great challenge, I've learned a lot and if you would have asked me two years ago to knit a pair of socks every month, I would have laughed so hard, ironically!
And you, dear readers and commenters and lurkers of the blog :-), thanks for visiting and saying such sweet words!

Pattern: Bickersstraat
Yarn:  Buckaloo View Fingering II, color: Osage Orange





9 comments:

  1. Such a fun sock pattern. I love the eyelets separated by the row of garter. They look so comfy. And Liesl's yarn looks amazingly beautiful in the pattern, too. Can't go wrong with any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vety nice socks..and a great reminder of how woonderful knitting friends are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love the lurkers :) I think you have some awesome socks! Lovely color and an interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are stunning socks and I love the yarn Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah these look great! Liking the pattern (and colour) a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! I can see how they would be a quick knit: "Just one more section!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks are gorgeous, Ine!!
    XO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so lovely! I have a thing for yellow socks and yours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great socks! They look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!