Monday, June 22

Knitting: Clara May Hat



Since it has been rather miserable weather here the past few days in Belgium, knitting a hat in the middle of June doesn't feel off-season anymore. It keeps on raining, sometimes the sun squeezes through thick grey clouds for a few minutes, and then you think: 'Oh lovely, I'm going to knit outside a bit!' But when you've got your tea ready, your project bag and go back inside to fetch the printed pattern, the sun is gone.

So this Clara May Hat is a pattern by Liesl and it's even knitted in BV yarn. The pattern was gifted to me, which is so genereous! It's really great to knit, lovely texture, variation, new techniques I've learned... . And the best, in my opinion, is the yarn color! It's hard to picture, but it's such a mysterious color, makes you look twice! She dyed it in a pot with cherry bark and I think the result is stunning. It goes very well with my skintone (it's only recently that I've learned that soft colors match my skin and hair tone more than darker or vivid colors)

I can't wait until Autumn to wear it!

Project: Clara May Hat (pattern by Buckaloo View)
Yarn: Buckaloo View Worsted I, colorway: Cherry Bark

9 comments:

  1. The design and colour are just lovely. I have a beanie in my Ravelry queue and am looking forward to casting on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely hat! hope the sun makes longer visits in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hat, Ine! Your beautiful knitting makes the pattern and yarn choice that much more fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hat and I hope you do not have to wear it in the summer :) I knit winter wear all year round so you knitting a hat is okay in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! I love knitting hats - they are so quick and simple, and yet often the most rewarding to work on and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fabulous ... I've had my eye on Liesl's pattern for a while now and the yarn you've used is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, it looks so soft and elegant! The yarn is amazing. It's been cold and rainy here too and I can totally relate to knitting winter things in weather like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hat, and I agree that that colour is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!