Friday, March 27

Wall of Fame series (1) - The Man in Black

The 'Wall-of-Fame' is a project that I started in 2015 as an homage to inspiring people, mainly musicians and artists. I'll draw their portraits in graphite and frame them so they have a place on the wall of the attic of our new home, which we hopefully can turn into a studio someday. 

The first artist/musician is Johnny Cash. Ever since I saw the film 'Walk the Line (2005)' I adored his songs. It's also helpful if your partner plays a lot of Cash's tunes on his guitar every single day to get stuck with songs from him in your head. (But he does it really well!)

Picking up my drawing again has been liberating for me. Although drawing this portrait felt a bit strange and out of habit. I used to be so much more confident. It's also the first time that I used carbon for the really black areas and I didn't really master that. In a later stage (after the move to my new house) the portraits will be framed.

I hope to make another one soon. It's just so busy with the house and work and I start a new part time job next Wednesday, so I'm kind of freaking out a lot. But that's what keeps us going, right?

Have a great weekend!
x

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a tenth of the talent you have, Ine! Your beautiful creations are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andi, I'm sure you have more than a tenth of my talent, maybe not in drawing, but certainly in knitting. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I kind of wish I could draw like that, but I knit so much and that's were I've focused my skills!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!