Wednesday, January 7

Yarn Along


Knitting: my Kaleidoscope Socks (Broken Seed Sitch socks). These were originally my December pair for the challenge, but a pair of Christmas socks got in the way.

Reading: Ergens waar je niet wil zijn (The Wrong Place) by Brecht Evens. Evens is a Belgian, (even from my city!) cartoonist and he had his great breakthrough with this comic in 2009. 'The Wrong Place' tells the story of Robbie and Gary, two opposite characters. It begins with Gary inviting people to his birthday party at his flat, as some sort of a highschool reunion. Everybody is interested if Robbie is coming too. Robbie was very popular in highschool and everybody is still talking about him. The book illustrates these social relations in a vivid and easy to read way. Evens uses very bright colors for his drawings and the panels aren't limited by borders or outlines which contributes to a self-evident and logical point of view. I think this is the best comic Evens had made so far and I've read it several times since its release in 2009. It's so drawn from life and down to earth. The book is available in U.S.A. and Canada too.

Joining NicoleGinny and Liesl.



11 comments:

  1. Love the yarn you are using for those socks! It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are looking great! My pair of broken seed stitch socks came out so warm and cozy that they are one of my favorite pairs to wear in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn...ahh it looks like so much fun to knit with - the socks are looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern is so awesome! I love your colors and how they work with that stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see you stuck with knitting the broken seed stitch socks. I didn't have the patience anymore and ripped them. Did you figure out a solution for the purls and knits not aligning properly at the beginning of the round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for the second sock, I decreased one stitch after knitting the cuff to have an odd nummer of stitches on the leg part. And tada it looks so much better! I'm not going to knit the first sock again, no way, I totally understand your impatience with this pattern :)

      Delete
  6. gorgeous socks!!! they are such a nice pop of bright color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are fabulous, I love the colours. My challenge this year is socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the yarn you're using for the socks is ace! Also, it looks v.impressive, three needles?!! Cool.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!