Wednesday, January 21

Sock Challenge 5/12 - January


The Kaleidoscope Socks are finished! I just ran out of white/beige yarn for the toe of the second sock. Luckily - after buying the wrong skein (!) - I found the same tint of white so I could finish them. They're a lot shorter on the leg than my other socks, I have to admit I didn't like the leg part of the pattern because my purls and knits didn't knit up nicely at the beginning and end of the round. For the second sock, I knitted 63 sts for the leg part in stead of the 64 I casted on for the cuff and foot to avoid that problem.
The pattern is 'Broken seed stitch socks' (Ravelry).
Yarn: Regia 4-ply, multi-color and Schachenmayr Nomotta (Regia Classic 4-ply) white

17 comments:

  1. They look great! I love mine because they feel so thick and warm compared to my other knit socks. I hope you get lots of wear out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stitchpattern is warmer indeed. Kind of stupid that I knit the leg part a bit short, oh well, I'll just need longer pants then. :-)

      Delete
  2. They are gorgeous. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! You make me want to run to the yarn store to buy colourful sock yarn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm putting these on my "once I've conquered socks" knitting list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color!! what technique did you use for the heel? it looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the heel is a short row heel.

      Delete
  7. gorgeous! and I think you matched the white perfectly!!! I bet you wear them often :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They came out so great, makes me reconsider whether I should make a pair after all..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them so! Planning to follow the pattern soon, too, but with what I find in my little stash.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, I love those colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such beautiful socks! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!