Saturday, January 24

Life lately


Indulging myself with a new art book about Roy Lichtenstein.

Spoiled by sweet Andi with one of her gorgeous coasters, a stitch marker, tea and a lovely Peter Pauper thank you card (I love those cards and it has a little owl on it)



We have snow here in Belgium today. Usually I would be happy, but this year I want to get rid of it fast. It's beautiful and all and oh so tranquille on this Saturday, but I have to work anyway (that means cycling through it because I don't have a car yet) ànd my boyfriend, father and brother-in-law are working at our house at this very moment. It's freakin' cold, not all windows are in yet, so there's this cold draught hurling through the house.
A part of our house has a flat roof and due to freezing, raining and snow now it couldn't be finished yet, so we still have water coming down inside.
The construction works are taking up precious amounts of our together time that I'm going crazy and exhausted little by little. I never knew one could suffer from decision stress that much. I'm also busy with applying for another job, while my work on Intensive Care is dragging me out completely. Seems like I'm having some January blues again :-)

14 comments:

  1. Snow, snow go away, please come back another day! I love snow, too, but just not this year like you. For very different reasons but well, the cycling part, too. Which I'd like if I didn't have a baby belly and clothes for winter.
    Best wishes for the house and all. Oh how I admire the power of house-builders with all their desicionmaiking. You'll do it all and soon it will be spring and give us all new energy, right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, indeed with a baby belly and no winter maternity clothes it's probably a real hassle. Thanks for the uplifting reply :-)

      Delete
  2. I can see why you would have the blues. That is a whole lot of happenings all at once. Any one of those things on their own would be stressful, combined is quite a bit.
    Hopefully all these things soon calm down for you.
    :) Glad you got your little thank you from me.
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I didn't even tell everything :-D Oh well, I have a few nioce things in the near future to look forward to, so I'm holding on to those things. I use your little thank you every day. it's now the prettiest coaster I own.

      Delete
  3. Oh, we had snow in the Netherlands today too, and I really really REALLY enjoyed it. But I can see why you'd rather get rid of it. But I guess with the climate we have it will anyway be gone by Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it'll be gone tomorrow, most of it has melted already.

      Delete
  4. I completely feel the same about winter here in Canada. We don't have snow right now, but I wish we could just so the freezing cold is at least pretty to look at. I hope the winter blues melt away soon to warm spring days full of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the snow melts where you bicycle :) love the present you received from Andi! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eventually went by foot :-D took me a good 25 minutes. The cycling tracks weren't open and were very slippery!

      Delete
  6. what a sweet idea for a little handmade gift!! saving that idea for later ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What busy plates you have at the moment. I am not surprised you have decision stress you have little space left in your head. Be gentle on yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there, the house will be finished some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hooray for a happy little mail package! But it's hard in January for many people, the shorter daylight hours, the cold, and when your house isn't finished that can be so frustrating... hang in there. If you are interested in some book recommendations that might help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks or the sweet comment! It's just that there are so many things need to be done before the plastering and oh the stress is killing me sometimes ! :-D It'll be better in a few weeks I hope.

      Delete

I appreciate your comment!