Saturday, January 31

Happy overseas purchases

A few weeks ago, I was browsing my Internet links from back in the time when I was drawing frequently. So I stumbled on J.D. Hilberry's video tutorials on YouTube. I immediately fell in love with his pencil drawing kit that you can order from his website. The Creating Contrast and Texture pencil kit + bonus pack includes a lot of graphite and charcoal pencils that I already had in my stash, but also lots of goodies that I haven't found yet in my local art shop like blending supplies, a  handy compass, gray scale value finder, proportional divider and a dvd on how to use all that.

Being all confident with ordering items from over the big giant blue pool by now (I've had some troubles with that in the past), I couldn't resist the urge of ordering a few Jenna Rose bags (ahem, four in total, oops... I couldn't choose and some were on sale). This bag is the Small Bucket with ships. It's so convenient for yarn stashing, or directly knitting from it.
Now I only have to buy some time to do all the drawing and knitting, because thanks to these purchases I'm totally equipped to make some masterpieces ;-). The superbusy weeks aren't over yet here and on top of that, my partner was given a nasty flu and is in bed for a few days now with fever. Yikes. If we could only buy time, right? ;-)

Have a great weekend!

x

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your new knitting bag! Hope you manage to squeeze in some time for your self over the weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do find the time to pursue creative events. Lovely bag that you purchased. I will shop the internet then stop and really really think about it. Yesterday I bought some duffle bags that are sorely needed for upcoming trips in the spring. I've thought about them for over a year!! Have fun drawing and I hope you do not get the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely purchases!! Knitting and drawing tools are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that really stirs your imagination with all the lovely tools of pens and yarns...that bag looks like it's ready for an adventure Ine. Beautiful blue it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bag, if the other three are just as charming I can see why it would be hard to choose! There is much beauty in your purchases I hope you have time to use them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful and fun tools to spur on your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bags are the perfect place to store yarn. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love that bag! The drawing kit looks intriguing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I love Jenna Rose's bags!! I want them all but trying to stay away from Etsy at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!