Friday, January 16

Focus on art


Early January I told you that I don't make new year's resolutions. Just because I'm afraid I might not live up to them and I end up being all frustrated about that. This year is not different. Although I did make up my mind about one thing: I'd love to spend more time drawing in 2015. I've been browsing my own blog, the blog I started to share my drawings. And now I see I ended up writing more about knitting, just showing my WIP's and FO's. I've met a lot of great bloggers and knitters on this journey, which I'm very thankful for.

(above photos are from pinterest)
But true love never gets old. And I refuse to discard drawing because I lack inspiration or because knitting is my new 'thing' nowadays.


I used to have the same aspiration for my drawing as I do for knitting today. There's an idea that has been on my mind for two years now, an idea to make a 'wall of fame' or a 'hero-wall' in our new house. On the attic, my white and bright attic, an atelier I have been longing for since I put one foot in art class, where I smelled the odour of graphite, paint, clay figures and noticed creative, concentrated students bending over a piece of paper. Where the floors were made of polished concrete to offer resistance to all sorts of media. How your shoes made a squeaky sound when walking over it.

The 'Wall-of-Fame' will be about portraits, mainly musicians, that I love to listen to. I'll draw their portraits in graphite and frame them. And then, they'll get eternal admiration and respect from us, everytime we walk by. In the mean time the white, bald wall is filled and we don't need to wonder what we'll do to decorate the room.

So I better start drawing!






8 comments:

  1. Wow definitely keep drawing and sketching - you're really talented! And keep on sharing them with us too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so multi talented with both pen and knitting. Good luck with your wall of fame- sounds amazing....
    Have fun drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't stop an artist from creating-fact. :) I am always in constant awe of your drawings...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those drawings are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a talent and I'm excited to see more of your art!! Lovely idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is amazing, and the wall of fame sounds fantastic. If you're passionate about something, you can never really quit it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I can't wait to see more of your art! I've loved it since the get-go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are incredibly talented, I look forward to seeing your drawings!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!