Friday, December 12

Change of plans

Just a quick notice that I'm still here, but haven't really got time for blogging due to knitting holiday stress :-) I changed my December socks (started a new pair as a Christmas gift for someone).
I'm not really a fan of the yarn color, but it's not my choice, so I guess I'll have to persuade myself that these socks will be beautiful anyway. I also tried knitting them two-at-a-time, on a circular needle. For now, it's not my preferable sock knitting method because the loop is way too short (40cm) and it's tight knitting. I transferred all my stitches to my good old dpn's and the heel of one sock is almost done, so I hope to finish them in time.

Are you having a bit of holiday stress yet? Will all your knitted gifts be finished on time?

9 comments:

  1. I agree, dpns all the way! I dislike magic loop and love the speed I feel when I use dpns. Hope your stress lessens. I'm not feeling stress but I strive to avoid the stress, mostly successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES those socks are beautiful! :)
    And hopefully you'll get all the christmas knitting done, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorway- the socks are gorgy. Yes holiday knitting stress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, holiday stress knitting happening here. Completely self-inflicted!
    I love the colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is beautiful!
    I have one more project to finish - only 11 days to go... I'll get it done, right? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling I've been super busy and not blogging much either - it'll all be worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww good luck getting it all done! I almost never holiday knit, toooo much stress. Birthday knitting however... yep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of stress going on there too, can't wait for January so that I can cast on pretty things just for me and without any kind of deadline! I missed on Nov and Dec socks!! But ready for the January one, so that's almost OK ;) Hope you're still having a lovely time despite the stressing out <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors! Totally agree, socks need to be knitted on dpn's! I really dislike knitting small things in the round on circular needles. Have a lovely christmas time despite the stress!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!