Wednesday, October 8

Yarn Along

Knitting: Finished a new pair of socks. Soon you'll hear all about them in a future post about the Sock Challenge.

Reading: Jaren van de Olifant (Years of the Elephant) by Willy Linthout. It's an autobiographic graphic novel about a man dealing with his son's suicide. I'm only halfway through it. The novel has very simple, rather rough pencil drawings without color. At first glance I wasn't too impressed, but after a few pages I was already hooked. It feels very real and 'drawn' from life, which in this case, really is.

Linking up with Ginny from Small Things.

5 comments:

  1. Great looking socks! They look nice and warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice color combination- love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blue grey is perfect!! I'll have to make a pair of socks with contrasting yarn on the toe cuff and heel at some point during the challenge i think, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When knitting socks in plain stockinette stitch, the change of color keeps me from getting bored :-)

      Delete
  4. I love your socks :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!