Tuesday, October 14

The secret


The secret to having it all is believing you already do.

I read this line on Pinterest some weeks ago. I pinned it. Of course. I'm planning to frame the best quotes and hang them on walls of rooms I frequently visit, like perhaps, the toilet.
This quote is ridiculously true. If you can live by this line every day, you must be a pretty happy person I guess. The older I get, the more confused I get with life's lessons and life's turnings. But also more grateful. It isn't all that hard to be satisfied or happy, you just have to adjust your expectations of life. Of course this isn't applicable to every life matter. And it just sounds too simple to live by every day. But I still like the quote. And it definitely doesn't apply on yarn stash matters. Just saying...there are exceptions.

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! I also know the quote a little differently: 'The secret to having it all is knowing you already do.' There's a difference in believing and knowing I think.
    We don't pull back often enough to look at just how far we've come and how blessed we are in all we have that others maybe long for. I do blame the media a bit for making us think we need more all the time, that we and our lives are not enough. We have the power to change those beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a noteworthy nuance you pointed out there, Kristina :-) I think the reason why we sometimes forget that we have so much is indeed to be found in the media who makes us believe we need more. I'm trying to live by the 'all you need is less'-rule more and more. Have a nice day :-)

      Delete
  2. indeed, the older I get the more contentment in my heart leads to sheer joy and happiness. I think it comes naturally with aging.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!