Friday, October 10

Sock Challenge 2/12 - October

A new pair of socks flew off my needles: the Drizzly Day Socks. You now, those kind of socks to wear on a drizzly day, all cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket...with a book or a movie or some more knitting...
For this pair I tried a short row heel. It knits a lot faster than the eye of the partridge heel, like I used in all my previous sock knitting, but the fit isn't that great. I think it's because I casted on 60 stitches in stead of my usual 64 for socks, because somewhere on the internet I found instructions for short row heels with 60 stitches.
After finishing the first heel I figured out that it isn't all that complicated and I shouldn't be counting that much as the instructions told me, it's actually fairly simple.
Now I can do the short row heels without pattern and next time I'll try with 64 stitches. Hopefully they'll have a better fit then. The yarns are Regia (Cotton Summer Trend & a regular 4-ply).Happy sock knitting! Enjoy the weekend!

18 comments:

  1. They look so cozy- I wanted to try that heel...and now I think I will!
    Really love that heathered yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should try that heel, it knits faster and no need for picking up stitches and decreasing afterwards :)

      Delete
  2. Such cozy socks! I love how they look like the socks sock monkeys are made out of - just classic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are perfection :) I've done short row heels once, I like the traditional heel maybe because that's the one I've done the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the short rows here because of the different color. I though it would stand out more in this type of heel then when I'd knit eye of the partridge

      Delete
  4. They're BEAUTIFUL! So pretty and they looks so comfy! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! do you do cuff down or toe up? need to try that heel technique too, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're knitted cuff down, thanks!

      Delete
    2. wow your toe grafting looks really great then! (i'm still working on mine!)

      Delete
  6. And here they are! You're such a fast knitter! :) Again these look so great. I'm still on the fence about which heel I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it only looks like I knit fast, I think I knit every single free moment ;) thanks, Liesl!

      Delete
  7. They look super cozy - I'm still not brave enough to attempt socks - they seem so fiddly but perhaps this winter I'll finally give in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Socks are actually the first thing that I learned knitting and I couldn't even cast on! After much persistence and patience I finished one pair in three weeks, so don't hesitate! There are also tons of tutorials on youtube to help you out, I particulary followed the ones from VeryPinkKnits. Good luck!

      Delete
  8. These are beautiful socks with such a good name! I actually have had in mind to make a pair in similar colors. I love gray socks with cream-colored heels and toes. I'm joining in Liesl's challenge this month too, but my socks are still on the needles. I only have about half a sock left to knit. I hope I make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! A half sock left to knit can be stressy! :-) I'm sure you'll make it! Just a few more rows :-)

      Delete
  9. Those look so comfy! And the colour combo is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!