Sunday, August 10

Wanderlust: Norway - Nærøyfjord and the Snøvege




After visiting Bergen, we headed to Nærøyfjord. This fjord is a branch of the Sognefjord in Aurland. It's an extremely cold (yes, we tried swimming in it because it was so hot that day), but magnificent fjord!



After the swim we had another 100 km to Lærdal over the Snøvege (Aurlandsfjellet). Snøvege is one of the National Tourist Routes in Norway, which treats you with stunning views of Aurland and the Aurlandfjord. To get from Flåm to Lærdal you can also drive through the world's largest road tunnel (Lærdal Tunnel, length: 24.5 km), but we opted for the scenic route :-)



'Stegastein', a spectacular viewpoint (a walkway of wood about 31m long, 640m above Aurland), offers you a staggering feeling, when slowly approaching the glass fence to see what's beneath you.



Once over Aurlandsfjellet we continued our route and found a camping in Lærdal where we started planning our route for the next day.


6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness what a stunning place! i've really enjoyed your photos they are spectacular. i can't wait to visit norway and sweden someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i'm here from raverly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori, thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! Scandinavia is really beautiful, I hope you get to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing. I was in Norway ( my homeland) in July last year for 3 weeks. I lived in Geilo with my uncle. I did almost the exact route you have taken in Norway...unreal. I am from Norway and now I live in Montana with my family.Your blog is beautiful - love your images, it was lovely to visit your blog and revisit Norge thru someone else's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Camilla, thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them coming from a norwegian girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos, I am so enjoying reading about your Norway trip. Looks like you were really lucky with the weather too! Aurlandsfjellet was one of my favorite places in Norway, I'm so glad you got to enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!