Friday, August 1

Wanderlust: Norway - Getting there




Norway.

Norway is a land I longed to visit for years. I wanted to see its fjords, lakes and forests. To see how people live there and to see what they are like.

We booked a ferry from Frederikshavn (Denmark) to Oslo to get there. It is already 1000 km from Belgium to Frederikshavn and another 9 hours on the ferry, so that's quite a trip.
Fully loaded with food, camping gear and clothing we arrived in the rain. But it didn't bother me at all.

Finally, I was in Norway.




Later that day, when we arrived at a camping near Oslo, we enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the jetty. The days are longer here already. I always thought you had to go up north more to enjoy late sunsets, but it was already 10 PM or even later when the sun finally set. 

Stay tuned for more experiences in Norway!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! Norway is an amazing country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your hoilday! Can't wait to see more pictures :)
    I remember when I lived in Ireland I was amazed with the late sunsets, the sun doesn't set that late here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, I just found out you visited Norway last year. I can't compete with such beautiful photos! I enjoyed reading your trip reports and seeing some familiar things on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anne, you lived in Ireland? Wow, I went to Ireland once and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!