Friday, August 8

Wanderlust: Norway - Bergen



On day 4 we continued our route in the direction of Bergen. We arrived quite late in the afternoon, because we stopped a few times to enjoy the beautiful scenery and to see a copy of a Stavkirke in Fantoft.
We parked near Bergen and took the Bybanen (light rail system) to the centre of the city. The Bryggen houses, firms from the Hanseatic period, stood beautifully crooked in the sunlight and I was genuinly impressed.



I was also impressed by the fish market. Especially by seeing their merchandise, in particular: whale meat! I wasn't feeling comfortable after seeing that. They even offered whale burger. I'm aware that Norwegian people don't mind eating whale, but I was a bit shocked.



We went out for dinner and enjoyed a beautiful sunset at the harbour.

4 comments:

  1. […] Source: Wanderlust: Norway – Bergen […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that just looks so beautiful! We didn't get to see Bergen and now that I see your photos I'm bummed I missed it. It looks so lovely and quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristina. Bergen wasn't part of our plan either at first. We first wanted to do an overnight hike somewhere, but eventually opted for a bit more culture in stead of nature. I'm really glad we visi Bergen, even though it resulted in some more driving time again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] visiting Bergen, we headed to Nærøyfjord. This fjord is a branch of the Sognefjord in Aurland. It’s an […]

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!