Tuesday, July 1

So many seeds, so little yard

May 13th I sowed cherry tomato seeds in turf pots...




Debuting in (indoor) gardening and growing vegetables, I sowed many, just in case...


They grew fast, at least I think so, I can't compare, I potted them many times...


...tied them up to bamboe sticks and played other reinforcements tricks...


Today it's July 1 st, about 6 weeks after sowing the seedlings:


I'm secretly hoping they stop growing because I have no place left to put them.

I can't really put them outside in their pots. The terrace there gets a lot of wind and I'm unable to use that space to properly take care of them.

I think I've started something I don't really know how to deal with right now :-D

I'm thinking about gifting some of the plants again to save some space!

6 comments:

  1. Tomatenplantjes groeien inderdaad zeer hard, en nemen veel plaats in. Maar ik vind wel dat je dat goed gedaan hebt! Ik wist bijvoorbeeld niet dat je ze binnen kon groeien. Ga ik zeker ook eens proberen!
    Weggeven als cadeautje is inderdaad een optie, altijd fijn om een plant cadeau te krijgen he :) Groeien er al bloempjes (of tomaatjes?) aan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a green thumb! I bet lots of people would love to have a plant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks amazing! I envy your way with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, so green and healthy! I hope you find someone with space and love for gardening to give them to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Er groeien nog geen bloemetjes aan, iedere dag ga ik hoopvol kijken, maar ze lijken zich meer en meer een weg naar boven te banen. Ik ben ook benieuwd hoe ik ze moet bevruchten om tomaatjes te krijgen. Ik las ergens dat ik tegen de bloempjes moest tikken om op die manier het stuifmeel te verspreiden. We zullen zien!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me smile! I can just imagine you whispering: "Come on guys, cool it. Stop growing for just a minute." Or maybe you're not like me don't actually talk to your plants! ;)
    Can you give some to friends and family? I'm sure they would love a well-cared for, already started plant like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!