Thursday, May 29

/Error: the file or directory is corrupt/



And then... all the photos after this one were corrupted, even the goodbye-photos of my cut-flowers in different, yes, different angles and positions and different light and positions and angles and... (I took many!).

So after hours of putting useless efforts in searching for a free sd card recovery program, I give up. I experienced a little time travel there though. Photos I've deleted already a year ago, popped up again on my screen, only I wasn't able to  save them of course. In stead of purchasing the non-trial version, I'll finally buy a new sd card tomorrow. In the mean time I've been taking pictures with my 3 year- or has it already become 4?- year old 5 megapixel smartphone.


You see, I think we're a bit spoiled on this technology matter. Can you imagine I already want to buy a new smartphone, because of its better camera? And that only a few weeks after I wanted to go back to my old green screened Nokia (remember the excitement of playing snake)? I was already searching and comparing smartphones - camera specifications filter ON- on various internet sites. Only to discover again why I didn't want to buy a new one after only 4 - or was it 3?- years. I'd just be contributing again to this throwaway society and was spending way too much money that I can use for so many better reasons in my life right now. I can't believe I'm that easily influenced just because I wasn't able to take photos these last days? (I can photograph and see the photos directly on the screen of my DSLR, but I can't upload them.)

Oh well, enjoy the Instagrams until I'm back with my Rebel, or is that one outdated too? ;-)

8 comments:

  1. These picture are beautiful. Good luck with the recovery. Electronics teach us often of impermanence, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, picture losses are fantastic yet difficult lessons! I have a friend who worked two summers just to have lost data recovered by professionals.
    Take less pictures - you'll remember more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Milla, yes, electronics are replaced so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm sorry you lost all those pictures. It never happened to me yet, but I have nightmares about memory cards failing! Good reminder about how spoiled we are in the digital age with our ever new phones and cameras though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was smartphone shopping (via camera specs) the other day too. :) My phone is so old that it doesn't support Instagram! It still works like a champ, though, and there are Instagram work-arounds I use. So even though I have found a new phone I'd like, I'm not going to get it until I have to. Nothing wrong with the Rebel! ;) TOo bad about the rest of your photos, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, two summers? Hm, I might go with the latter advice then: taking less pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Milla, you're right. No electronic device seems to last long :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your photos! I hope there is still a chance to save them. I have such a fear of losing photos on my computer. I know I shouldn't and there is an important life lesson about impermanence buried in something like this but I'm pretty attached to my photos--especially the important ones of my family and specific memories.

    Lately I've been using my film camera because there are times when that "point and shoot and share" thing seems too easy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!