Friday, April 25

Indecisive creativity



Not much, really. some drawing, some knitting, some sewing.




Small knitting projects, like this Modern Baby Bonnet from Vintage Knits and a dishcloth ...awaiting a new bigger project which I haven't decided yet. Since I finished Amélie I want to knit a Spring/Summer cardigan. Only there are so many beautiful patterns to choose from and so many yarns! Should I try linen? A few months ago, in the yarn shop, I noticed this Rowan Creative Linen yarn and oh (!)  next to it was a bunch of Rowan Purelife Revive in beautifully rustique colors. I've never knitted with linen or linen/cotton before. Have you?


I actually made a commitment to myself that I should focus on drawing more and a little less on knitting because I miss drawing, but I can't stop knitting :). I wonder what's worse: staring at a blank sketchbook without inspiration or adding a significant amount of cardigan patterns to my way-too-long knitting queue and actually staring at blank needles?

Maybe I should knit him a new pair of socks he will probably start to wear not until October...but in knitting world, October isn't that far away anymore! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I have a big cardigan queue too ;)
    I'm working on my 2nd pair socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby bonnet, it's so cute! I need to knit some dishcloths again too, love the colors you chose! Happy knitting and sketching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need some spring/summer knitting inspiration (especially with linen, which makes a great fabric), one of my favorite bloggers VeryShannon is starting her Tops, Tanks, and Tees KAL very soon. There are so many great patterns and people, you'll surely find a perfect fit. I've loved it the last two years and have some cute tops as a result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ness, thanks for the link! I'll be definitely checking this out!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!