Saturday, March 29

Amélie


Amélie is finished! I love how it turned out, a bit on the bigger size, but it doesn't bother me that much. I had some difficulties during the lace pattern, because I misinterpreted the yarn over . But in the end it wasn't too difficult at all. In fact, I learned a lot of new techniques (like Sunday Short Rows, three needle bind off, the nice ribbed effect of knitting through the back loop,..)
When I started knitting about a year ago, I would have never thought I was able to knit something like this. Although it's not perfect and I made many mistakes without correcting them all, I'm very pleased with the result.
Designer: Gudrun Johnston

Yarn: Lang Yarns Merino 150, Gray

11 comments:

  1. It's stunning!
    I really this vintage inspired top.
    You did a very beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, and very becoming. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful the combination, you and Amélie! What a sweet work! After a year of knitting.
    I love that about the things I make, that I learn something new every time.
    The photographs are so nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous!! I have the pattern already-- now I really want to cast on. :). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's super cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!!! I've been eyeing this pattern and decided I could never knit something like that so I'm really impressed! It looks so lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Oh you sure will be able to knit it! I think the reason why I struggled sometimes is because English is not my native language and some parts of the pattern I had to read over and over again. But you learn by doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] ideas and future projects in my head and then I end up doing absolutely nothing. Since I finished Amélie and Eluria my fingers have been longing to hold pencils and paper again in stead of yarn, knitting […]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! So glad you pushed through because it turned out beautiful. :)
    (PS: I love the new blog banner!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!