Friday, February 14

Recently: yarnography, drawing and love


Sometimes everything just falls into place while knitting or drawing. It is the moment of absolute concentration while performing these arts that drowns all worries away. Often I am lighthearted after doing this. Though I love my new hobby knitting, it's also very time consuming. I hardly have time to draw or learn to sew a bit more since I'm always knitting something. Well, then stop knitting, I hear you say. It's not as simple as that. Although I enjoy knitting a project, I eagerly want it to be finished. And as soon as it ís finished, my hands feel empty. They're getting emptier as the days pass by. There's an endless list of knitting projects I want to start :)
For instance Melody's new cardigan Praline, which is utterly beautiful!
I'm still working on my own Gudrun Johnston-project, Amélie. In the beginning, I've been struggling with the size. After all, my gauge didn't seem to be perfect, I'm starting to think.
A few of my queued projects:

1. Clarity Cardigan by Gretchen Ronnevik

Recently I have also been featured by the lovely Liesl in her Three questions-series on her blog. Thank you for writing such nice things about me :)

Another cool blogging project is from Jade. You should check out her project and fabulous photography: A portrait of my love. Once a week. Every week in 2014.

And last but not least: Milla wrote this really honest prose about what her loved one means to her. I share the same opinion about relationships and truly think that being best friends is one of the greatest foundations of a good relationship.

Have a nice weekend!

x

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful compliment. That's so nice to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your drawings. I used to draw all the time, but picked up knitting because grad school doesn't give me the time to sit and draw anymore. I can grab my knitting while I read, commute, or in other odd minutes when I don't have the time or space for sketching. I hope you always find time for drawing. :) I'm trying to find a bit of drawing time myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amelie, I spotted this beautiful patern a while ago, and fell in love instantly.
    Your n°4 is so pretty! I love love love cardigans! And of course White Pine is stunning :)
    Ps: I loved your January video, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostly I love knitting for the sake of knitting. But once in a while, when I knit, I get impatient and can't wait to have the project finished and ready to be worn!
    It doesn't help that my queue on Ravelry keeps growing and growing! (Now I have more thanks to this post!) But I guess I like it that way---all the hope and excitement about future projects, for someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog, and such beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Graham, for the kind words and your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mad props for being able to sketch in the crease of your notebook. Great photos, I love your eye for detail and color.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!