Friday, January 3

Happy 2014!

The holidays were mostly spent with friends and family at home or at their houses and with colleagues at my workplace. It was a joy not being on facebook or checking my email too much. In fact I was thinking about leaving facebook anyway. I'm active on way too many websites with my knitting and drawing. Besides I'm not really fond of the 'facebook-concept' and actually never have been. Since 2005 I started sharing my drawings on the internet and learned a lot by the feedback I received from all around the world.
With knitting it's not different. But I don't feel the need to be on facebook anymore for 'meeting' my friends, family and colleagues, who I actually see in real life. With blogging, I feel like I'm learning more from other cultures and I get inspired by people overseas, just like I did years ago by sharing my drawings. It's a great feeling to share your passions with unknown people, far far away from you. And to know that there are people out there who get excited by the same little things that I sometimes can not explain to the people I live with nearby.
So one of my main goals in 2014 is trying to live a simpler life. I'd love to do a lot more crafting and sewing this year. Recycling and upcycling some of my and my family member's old clothing. Because, it's tempting to buy all things new, but in the past years I bought a lot of stuff I didn't really need or could do without. I do need new boots though :-), my last pair were from three years ago and the zipper's already fixed two times. I don't think they're going to last another season. But we'll see.
I hope you had lovely holidays and time to spend with people you love and just like to be around. Because sometimes, life can be as simple as that...

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like t really nice plan!
    I will try to knit more this year (if it's even possible): finish a cardigan, knit more hats, finish a pair of socks and maybe knit more for my relatives, and knit an other "big project" :)
    I will try to simplify as much as possible too, and invest only on what I really need.

    I also want to spend more time in the kitchen, learning some preservation techniques and some time outside, foraging and learning more about wild food!


    Happy new year!


    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got major knitting plans ;) I'd like to knit more for relatives too. I'm looking forward to hear about your foraging and cooking projects! Have a wonderful simply 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree so much! I have a lot of friends who are not interested in knitting and sewing and craft and gardening and photography like I am and I've learned not to bore them by talking about it too much. I am so grateful for the global community of like-minded people who share these passions to learn from and be inspired by.
    All the best in 2014! I'm excited to see what all you share here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly let me tell you i love your blog! (added to my favorites on my blog :) I understand you on the facebook concept. I'm no fan of facebook but i created an account because, as a seller, it's better if you can promote on FB (well, that's what people say but i'm not sure of that, we'll see!)
    Like you i enjoy blogging and discovering new blogs from crafters/artists all over the world, you can learn and exchange so many things!
    Btw, Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] long tops and…stuff. I shouldn’t have gone into the store in the first place – my simplicity goal of 2014 in mind, plus I ignored the fact that I don’t need another Spring/Summer dress and bought it. […]

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!