Wednesday, January 8

A stitch in time saves nine

While I was photographing my new knitting project on my bed, lit by the Winter sunny light through the curtains I was enjoying so much, I finally accepted the fact that my new top that consisted of various knitting hours was actually...too big. What I was fearing for the last week while knitting became reality. It's too big, my gauge was fitting, I measured my chest size , but I decided to knit the bigger size in stead of the smaller one (I did that to my last project and it really is a tiny bit too small underneath the arms). So I actually saw it coming. But I was too stubborn and very much in denial to frog it. I wanted to wait until I finished the last waist decreases, because that would miracly make it a lot smaller, wouldn't it? Of course not!
While I was photographing my new knitting project on my bed, lit by the Winter sunny light through the curtains I was enjoying so much, I finally accepted the fact that my new top that consisted of various knitting hours was actually...too big. What I was fearing for the last week while knitting became reality. It's too big, my gauge was fitting, I measured my chest size , but I decided to knit the bigger size in stead of the smaller one (I did that to my
So my precious new top went from this:
 To this:
And finally to this:
Ah well, patience is a virtue and Rome wasn't build in a day, right?

Happy frogging!

11 comments:

  1. It's frustrating when that happens, makes me lose interest for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, I haven't cast on yet :) thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I know the feeling. But I'm sure you'll be all the more satisfied with the right size! :) Nice wool btw.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sorry to hear that. As someone who sews, it's been strange to realize, with knitting, I can't just take the sides in with a simple sewn seam when something is too big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling too well. I've already frogged the cardigan I'm working on twice; fingers crossed I've got it right now. I've learned that patience is definitely a virtue when knitting :)
    Your yarn is a really pretty shade of grey. Hope you cast on soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I hope your cardigan knitting goes well from now on :) I casted on again last week, but frogged again because of twisted stitches. Luckily I noticed them in round 2 or 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, that's exactly what my boyfriend said when he couldn't believe I was frogging it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the feeling, this has happened to me and when I finally finished my cardigan in the right size, it was so perfect and beautiful, I love it, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. qui va piano va sano en lentano!
    wonderfull pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. True :) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!