Sunday, December 15

When you're still waiting for the snow to fall...

...it doesn't really feel like Christmas at all...

But it's almost Christmas!!
It was 8°C (46°F) today in Belgium and it doesn't seem like there's going to fall any snow soon :-(
But hey, it's almost Christmas!! :)
I made these ornaments in 2008 and 2009 in white clay and golden paint. One layer of varnish was added too. I made several characters: a snowman, a nurse, two angels, a reindeer, a Christmas tree, a sheep, two of my former pet rabbits, P.'s dog that passed away in 2008. The only animal that I think is missing, is my cat, living with my parents.


The glass pendant is handmade by Irene Owens. She makes lovely paintings and drawings for nurseries and children's books.

I hope you guys have a lot of crispy white snow to celebrate the holidays! Send some to me... :)

(Title: Coldplay - Christmas Lights)

2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!
    No snow here, it's pretty rare here in Montpellier so I'm not expecting any at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have more snow coming down right now! I hope you'll get some soon. It never quite feels like winter or Christmas unless there is so snow.
    Your ornaments are so sweet---I especially love the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!