Wednesday, December 4

Lately...in my sketchbook




I have no clue why I'm filling this year's sketchbook with polar bears. Really, I don't. I just like them. Their anatomy, their movement, the fact that they're not black or brown. Years ago, it could be already ten, I drew this very simple sketch of a polar bear somewhere on a blank spot in the left corner of my sketchbook next to other scribbles and doodles. I didn't think much of it at that time but now I think it's one of my best sketches ever. Just because it's so simple, has no shadow, just some lines. I think the feeling I've got when I look at that drawing makes me drawing polar bears again. Even though I drew many (and another page) this year, none of them top the one from my early drawing days.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely sketches! Funny how certain animals speak to us at certain times. Maybe there is something about why you are drawn to polar bears right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Reminds me of an armed Iorek Byrnison from "His Dark Materials".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha he does look like it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a bit of a thing for them recently too, hence my search for polar bears! Nice post. I especially like the original sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great talent for drawing, love the polar bears.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!