Tuesday, December 3

...but does he compost?

Sewing machine and me are already best friends! Last October I went to a huge fabrics sale and spotted this gorgeous comic style fabric in curtain material. It just screamed 'cushion cover'. I thought the blocked fabric had similar colours so I grabbed a piece of that too. It was my first time sewing in zippers. Let's call that an adventure.




After finishing the cushions I thought it was about time to make the pot holders from Liesl Made (thanks so much for people like you for putting clear tutorials online). I've been wanting to sew them for a while now and bought some thermal batting yesterday. Let's call sewing a bias strip another big adventure ;-)



Have you been sewing lately or seen some compelling fabric that you wanted so bad?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never seen comic book fabric, that is very cool, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I know, when I saw it I just had to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really become quite the seamstress. Sewing zippers isn't as scary as it seems, once you get the hang of them. I'm impressed at how nice yours look!

    So glad to see you made the pot holders. We have a few sets in our kitchen that get used a lot.

    I've been doing a lot of "behind the scenes" sewing---mostly drafting patterns and figuring out the construction for future designs, including the perfect tote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you! I am getting the hang of it :) The pot holders are very handy indeed, these are a gift for my mother-in-law, they fit with the bread basket from a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to make some for ourselves too. I'm curious about your patterns and designs you're working on!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!