Monday, October 21

His Wicklow Gloves

Last Saturday we celebrated my fiancé's 31st birthday. He dropped a few hints about some dark green fingerless gloves, so what else was I supposed to do than knit them myself and wrap them as a birthday present? Along with the gloves came a bottle of Irish whiskey. I thought it was a typical Autumnal, manly birthday present. He was very pleased with them. (the bottle of whiskey too ;-) )The pattern is originally based on Fingerless or Not Gloves. I changed a few things and in stead of casting on 64 stitches I casted on 56 and they're perfect now! They're knitted in 100% merino wool.



For my mother-in- law, whose birthday was last Sunday, I sewed a lining for her bread basket in a navy blue chequered fabric.


How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I love both of your projects, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!