Wednesday, August 28

In the mail today

Being very tired after working a busy shift at the hospital last night I came home this morning to discover a package in the mailbox! In particulary, the package came from Liesl from the U.S. I believe many creative bloggers know her, and if you don't, I really suggest you to check out her blog: Lieslmade. This highly creative woman can sew, knit, garden, cook, photograph, so many creative things! Her Etsy Shop opened recently and I immediately fell in love with her self-made make-up bags.Aren't they lovely? I'm not sure what to use them for yet, so in the mean time I'll use them for my small knitting projects, such as socks.


Also, seeing these sewing items and browing sewing blogs I kind of have the urge to start sewing too. Especially since I've been looking for a knitting bag to stash my yarn, needles and other accessories. Maybe I can make one myself? So I hope to buy a secondhand sewing machine soon so I can start and see if it's something I'd like to do. My mom's a sewer and I pretty much grew up in a household were a lot of my clothing was selfmade. Having a small size, my mom's also fixing my clothes from time to time so they fit me. I'd like to be able to do that myself.
As you can see, I started the Hermione’s Everyday Socks. The pattern is fun and easy to knit. The yarn I'm using is Malabrigo Yarn, Indicieta. I can't wait to finish them and wear them this Autumn.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that they arrived so quickly! I use many of these bags for all kinds of things---one holds all the various small cords for electronics.
    I do hope you get a chance to sew. It's a lot of fun and there are so many great tutorials and projects online to help you out.
    And your socks look lovely. I can't put my finger on what the colors remind me of though. ...Maybe Autumn near a lake, when the yellow leaves hit the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I bought my sewing machine today! So I already tried some things out on scrap fabric (due to a acute torticollis I developed earlier this week it was impossible to continue sewing :-( ) But anyways! I'm very happy with it! Thank you for being so inspiring by the way! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment!