Wednesday, August 14

Bordeaux

For our Summer holiday this year, we planned a trekking trip in the French Pyrenees, and a short visit to Andorra. It is about a 1200 km drive from where we live so we planned a stop in Bordeaux (southwestern France, Aquitaine). It's a beautiful city, known for its wines. The historical city is also part of the UNESCO World Heritage. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it. In my opinion, it can beat Paris. :-)



We visited Place de la Com├ędie, Esplanade des Quinconces with a gorgeous big fountain: 'Monument aux Girondins',...



We arrived around evening and that made the entrance to Bordeaux so magical. The monuments were beautiful in the evening light. Place de la Bourse, Place Saint -Pierre, Place de la Victoire, Basilique Saint-Michel....all worth visiting. I recommend visiting Bordeaux in two or three days. We only had an evening and one day.


More photos can be found on my Flickr-page. After visiting Bordeaux we hit the road to Porte-de-Puymorens where we camped in our tent overnight to start the trekking in the morning. You can read that in my next post.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment!